Monday, April 14, 2014

Concentration Statement

Your concentration and its supporting statement will be typed into the AP Concentration 'Commentary' tab in your online portfolio showing investigation, growth, and discovery involved with a compelling visual concept through the following questions.

(1) What is the central idea of your concentration? (500 characters maximum)

(2) How does the work in your concentration demonstrate the exploration of your idea? You may refer to specific images as examples. When referencing specific images, please indicate the image numbers. (1350 characters maximum)


sample statement:
   My concentration is about humiliating and humorous moments that occur in everyday life. For example, an elderly man’s dentures falling out while laughing, a woman loosing her wig while taking a walk through the park, and a girl walking into a glass door.
  As my concentration developed, I zoomed in closer to the figures expressions and where the action was taking place. I also experimented with bold colors and the positioning of the figures to force the audience to become an active participant in the humiliating moment. 

sample statement:
   My concentration is about creating artwork that will make the viewer experience how people might feel in certain circumstances of solitude. I used a variety of media, but relied mostly on pen. I wanted to create a mood that would cause the viewer to feel the emotion of the person in the artwork.
    As my concentration developed I simplified the composition so the viewer would focus solely on the figure in the composition rather than the background. This is exemplified through  slides one through three of my concentration by using  line, value shift, and value contrast to develop my ideas.  

sample statement:
   My concentration is about detailed monstrous figures based on human and animal anatomy, and technological objects. I wanted to blend and morph a variety of appendages or parts to create new figures. I selected pen as the media to focus on creating fine details.
    My first drawing helped me discover my new talent, which is the visualization of newly formed living organisms. It progressed with each work having a certain style of texture and appearance. In the end, I learned how to take my detailing ability to a whole new level and the patience to achieve it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment